Managing events, social media and membership (contract position)
This is an exciting time for Utilities Disputes (UDL) as we transition to a refreshed website and a new membership management system that will support us in our important work.
UDL is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that applies dispute resolution methods to resolve complaints companies are unable to resolve with their customers.
We are one of the most long-standing respected consumer dispute resolution organisations in Aotearoa, and currently operate three significant dispute resolution schemes:
- the Government approved Energy Complaints Scheme
- the Government approved Broadband Shared Property Access Disputes (BSPAD) Scheme, and
- the voluntary Water Complaints Scheme.
You will join a highly focused team that works hard to create a supportive and rewarding work culture. UDL applies a fair and reasonable approach to all aspects of its work to ensure we are accessible, independent, accountable, efficient, and effective.
Our people and our Board have a strong sense of purpose - we also have passion and excitement for the work we do. We are driven to improve wellbeing outcomes for the communities and stakeholders we serve. Anything is possible.
We are committed to maintaining the wellbeing of our staff and communicate in plain English. We welcome flexible working and support people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disabilities, and religions.
This diverse role will enable you to use your skills and initiatives to contribute to a wide range of responsibilities including:
- managing social media channels to keep the public informed on UDL and its activities.
- assisting with our annual report and other regular communications
- being the main point of contact for our membership
- coordinating regular webinars and other events including logistics - speakers, venues etc
We have a strong sense of purpose - we have passion and excitement for our work. We are driven to improve wellbeing outcomes for the stakeholders and communities we serve. We are focused, working as a team in a supportive environment.
If you’re excited by this opportunity to join the UDL whānau we would love to hear from you.
- social media experience with a sound understanding of how to utilise effective social media platforms to raise brand awareness
- event management experience
- experience in database or customer records management systems
- strong customer service focus, and willingness to work as part of a team
- excellent interpersonal/relationship skills and written and oral communication skills
- proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Word, and Excel
- excellent time management skills, including a proven ability to manage priorities
- demonstrated experience working successfully in diverse cultural contexts, with knowledge of Māori and/or Pasifika relations
- demonstrate a willingness to develop a sound understanding of Te Ao Māori and the Te Tiriti o Waitangi/Treaty of Waitangi and its applicability in our workplace and community
- consistent use of plain language principles
- ability to demonstrate initiative and be future focused.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 31 January 2022
Applications to: Rachel Bellew – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to talk through this role, please call Diana on 0212880552 or email email@example.com
Don’t delay, as this position will be filled as soon as the right candidate comes along, and we reserve the right to close applications if we find the right candidate.